terça-feira, 10 de março de 2009

Depoimento Emily Kveder - AIESEC

AIESEC Novo Hamburgo recebe intercambista canadense


My name is Emily Kveder and I am from Calgary, AB Canada. Most people ask if it is near Toronto, but the two cities are 2700 km apart. There are many characteristics that make Calgary a unique city in Canada. Internationally we are known for the 1988 winter Olympics. We are fiercely proud of our hockey team - the Calgary Flames. And if you are lucky enough, you can get through a winter with temperatures of almost -40 by escaping to Banff or Lake Louise to ski in the Rocky Mountains. Despite what some might think we have hot summers - 30 degrees in the daytime. It is possible to get a tan:) This is also a time where we have Calgary Stampede, a huge rodeo and week long kind of festival, where you will find real cowboys and wanna-be cowboys coming out to party.

I graduated in 2008 with a degree in International Managment, studying French as a second language. I had the opportunity to spend one semester in Belgium. Not only did I improve my French and earn university credits, but I also met the most incredible people from around the world (including Brazilians!) At this point did not forsee that I would end up in Brazil, but when the opportunity arose (even without having studied Portuguese) I knew that I had to come here. I have had an amazing opportunity to work with the company Estudar no Exterior, helping them to promote and market their work and study abroad programs. I just had my first day of work today, so I am sure this will be a very valuable experience for both myself and the companies we will work with. Travelling and experiencing another cultural abroad is something that I am so passionate about so I am already excited to see Brazilian students having these opportunites.




Nenhum comentário: